Personal Information Protection Policy
KOKUYO's personal information protection policy
KOKUYO Co., Ltd. and KOKUYO Group companies, (hereinafter referred to as "KOKUYO Group") have set forth this "Personal Information Protection Policy" regarding the appropriate handling of information from which individuals that we deal with in business, such as customers, business partners, and relevant associates, can be identified (referred hereinafter as "personal information"). This is seen in the following policy, as we strive to ensure the protection of such information.
Acquisition of personal information
- KOKUYO Group acquires personal information through legitimate and just means.
Use of personal information
- The purpose of using the acquired personal information will be specified and clearly informed.
- Use of personal information is limited to authorized personnel, who are responsible for ensuring its use remains within the intended purpose that was initially specified.
- In the event that personal information is used collaboratively by KOKUYO Group, necessary items including the purpose of use, will be clarified as much as possible.
Disclosing and providing personal information to a third party
- Personal information shall not be disclosed or provided to a third party without the consent of the relevant individual, except for the following events:
- 1) In the event personal information is disclosed or provided in a format (e.g. survey data) from which no individual can be identified
- 2) In the event personal information is disclosed or provided to a service consignee within the range that is necessary for performing the service
- 3) In the event of business succession due to reasons including merger, corporate division and business transfer
- 4) In the event disclosure of personal information is requested by statute, etc.
Management of personal information
- Appropriate safety measures are implemented to prevent unauthorized access to personal information, as well as loss, falsification, and leakage, etc. of personal information.
- In the event of consigning processing of personal information, necessary measures such as entering an appropriate agreement, including items on safety management shall be taken with the consignee.
- KOKUYO Group sets forth provisions relating to the handling of personal information, adheres to them, and continuously strives to improve them.
Disclosure, revision and termination of use of personal information
In the event of a request for disclosure, revision or termination of use of personal information by the relevant individual, KOKUYO Group shall comply with the request after verifying the authenticity of the individual.
Please direct any inquiries concerning personal information to “KOKUYO Customer Service Center."
Legal compliance, etc.
- KOKUYO Group shall comply with regulations related to the handling of personal information and other laws, and continuously review and improve the content of this Personal Information Protection Policy.
April 1, 2005
Akihiro Kuroda, President
KOKUYO Co., Ltd.