System for the Promotion of CSR
The KOKUYO Group promotes CSR activities on a group-wide basis through linkages among CSR-related sections. The CSR & Environmental Group formulates and reviews policies and helps to define issues and targets in order to strategically promote CSR. We also operate an environmental committee and a central health and safety committee, among other such organs tasked with dealing with important concerns. With special sections leading the way, our entire group pursues these concerns in a coordinated fashion. We will continue to strive to achieve sustained growth for society and the Group while maintaining a state of harmony with stakeholders through CSR information disclosure and dialogue.
KOKUYO's CSR Charter
While remaining profitable and honest in its business practices, KOKUYO conducts business that is necessary for society. In addition to complying with laws and regulations, we seek to maintain continuity of our business by acquiring the trust of all related stakeholders, investors, and, of course, our customers by fulfilling our social responsibilities as a corporate citizen.
For Our Customers
- Without being satisfied with the present conditions, we continue to improve the safety and quality of our entire product line and services.
- Strive to continually innovate society through our business operations by developing new products and services.
For Regional Communities
- Strive to be a trusted ‘corporate citizen’ on both regional and national levels via proactive interaction and planning with regional communities, while respecting regional culture and customs and encouraging their advancement.
For Environmental Conservation
- Concentrate the wisdom of each of our employees, and align the actions of our entire company in order to assist in reaching solutions for the common environmental problems facing the world today.
- By developing Eco Products, we strive to decrease the environmental burden over the life cycle of these Products and to introduce new environmental engineering and green procurement techniques.
- Contribute towards the advancement of a ‘low carbon society’ by proposing revolutionary work styles and environments, and decrease society’s overall burden on the environment.
- Conduct transparent, just, and free competition and business transactions while keeping sound and correct relations with politicians and governmental bodies.
- In order to become a trusted company, we strive for business partner relations that are consistently fair and built upon a foundation of reciprocal cooperation, allowing for mutual growth.
- Recognize our responsibility to increase our corporate value for stockholders, and maintain a corporate management style that earns the trust of society through its transparency and virtue.
Respect for Human Rights
- Respect the human rights of all individuals involved with or affected by all of our corporate activities. We support work environments free from discrimination, and do not approve of child labor or forced labor practices.
- Strive to accept each and every employee’s individual character and personal values, and become a company where many different human resources can fully express their abilities and develop themselves.
KOKUYO Group Code of Conduct
After expanding overseas, we wanted to set common rules for our businesses while taking into account local cultures, values, and laws. Accordingly, in August 2012, we released the KOKUYO Group Code of Conduct together with an accompanying handbook. The code outlines common rules, while the handbook includes supplementary information on country- and region-specific business practices, regulations, and so on.
Code of Conduct (Japan edition)
We not only comply with laws and internal rules, but also act with high ethical standards and integrity.
2. Respect for Human Rights and Personality
We must never discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, language, gender, disability, or similar status. They must never commit sexual harassment, bullying, or any other form of workplace harassment. They must never condone child labor or forced labor.
3. Preservation of the global environment
We must never disregard environmental issues such as climate change and deforestation. They must engage in an organization-wide effort to reduce or mitigate KOKUYO Group’s carbon footprint.
4. Free competition and fair trading
We comply with laws and internal rules related to prohibition of monopolization, fair competition and fair trading and will not engage in conduct that deviates from these standards
5. Provision of safe and reliable goods and services
We must continually devote ourselves to KOKUYO Group’s mission of providing safe, reliable goods and services that win customers’ trust and leave them satisfied.
6. Proper handling of company assets and protection of intellectual property
We properly manage, maintain, and utilize every tangible and intangible company asset. We respect the intellectual property rights of others.
7. Proper information management and financial reporting
We honestly and properly create records of the company, as well as manage and report information collected and obtained in the course of business in accordance with proper procedures based on the materiality of such information. We carry out accounting and financial reporting in compliance with laws and internal rules relevant to financial, accounting, and tax affair
8. Prohibition of acts involving conflicts of interest
We will not engage in any act that involves or may involve a conflict between personal and corporate interests. If there is a possible conflict of interest, we will report it to our superiors.
9. Prohibition of insider trading
We will not engage in insider trading or any act that triggers insider trading laws or regulations in connection with the trading in shares of the Kokuyo Group or any other company
10. Proper management of entertainment and gifts
We will not give or receive entertainment and gifts in deviation from normal business practices.
We will not illegally give entertainment or gifts to public servants or government officials.
11. Handling of unreasonable external demands
We must refuse any unreasonable request from outside parties.
7. Revision, revocation
October 1, 2015
June 1, 2020
June 26, 2020
Committed to the goal of a sustainable world, we pursue an active CSR program to earn the trust of customers, shareholders, business partners, communities, and all other stakeholders.
Examples of communication with stakeholders
SWIPE TO VIEW MORE >
*Website content Japanese language only