Personal Information Protection Policy
Regarding the KOKUYO Group’s Personal Information Protection Policy
Except for cases that the company has established separately, KOKUYO Co., Ltd. and KOKUYO Group companies (as a general rule, refers to the consolidated subsidiary companies and associated companies of KOKUYO Co., Ltd. as specified on the KOKUYO Co., Ltd. homepage, but also including other companies expressly approved by KOKUYO Co., Ltd.; hereinafter referred to as “KOKUYO Group”) hereby establish the following “Personal Information Protection Policy”, which they endeavor to protect in relation to the handling of information that could be used to identify specific individuals, such as customers, clients and related persons served in the course of business (hereinafter referred to as “personal information”).
Regarding acquisition of personal information
Personal information is obtained by legal and fair means.
Regarding use of personal information
- The purpose of use of the personal information obtained shall be specified and made as clear as possible.
- Personal information is used within the scope of the purpose of use by persons having jurisdiction according to their specific work, and only within the necessary scope according to said work.
- In case personal information is shared for use throughout KOKUYO Group, the necessary items such as purpose of use, etc. shall be specified and made as clear as possible. (Only applicable to companies subject to shared use)
Regarding disclosure/provision of personal information to third parties
- Except for in the following cases, personal information shall not be disclosed/provided to third parties without obtaining the consent of the individual.
1) When disclosed/provided to a subcontractor within the scope necessary for performance of work
2) When business is inherited through merger, company split, business transfer or other reasons
3) When based on laws and ordinances, etc.
Regarding management of personal information (safety management measures)
- To prevent unauthorized access to personal information as well as loss, falsification, leaks, etc. of personal information, we established and put into practice the Personal Information Protection Policy in accordance with internal rules on the handling of personal information and also clarify the authority of responsible personnel, conduct education and training of employees, perform access control of managed areas and restrict access, manage and supervise outside service providers, and take other necessary and appropriate safety management measures. Please direct inquiries concerning safety management measures to the KOKUYO Customer Relations Office.
Regarding disclosure, correction and suspension of use, etc. of personal information
- In case there has been a request for the disclosure, correction or suspension of use, etc. of one’s own personal information, this will be dealt with after confirming that it is the individual who is making the request.
Moreover, inquiries including questions and complaints regarding personal information are accepted at the KOKUYO Customer Relations Office.
Inquiries regarding personal information
Adherence to laws and ordinances, etc.
- Together with adhering to laws and ordinances regarding the handling of personal information and other standards, we shall endeavor to continuously review and improve the contents of this Personal Information Protection Policy.
Regarding the handling of personal information retained by KOKUYO Group
Purposes of use
KOKUYO Group uses the personal information it retains for the following purposes.
1. Personal information regarding customers and clients such as suppliers, etc.
- To engage in the following activities in the stationery business, business supplies business, office furniture business, spatial design and consultation business, and other business conducted by the KOKUYO Group. (* Refer to the websites of KOKUYO Co., Ltd. and KOKUYO Group companies for information regarding the specified details of the KOKUYO Group’s business activities.)
- For other purposes previously agreed to
・To provide products/services handled by KOKUYO Group
・To perform contracts entered into with KOKUYO Group
・To give notifications relating to products/services handled by KOKUYO Group or guidance regarding related services, and to make requests such as product monitoring and questionnaire surveys.
・To give guidance regarding fairsen/events, etc. held by (organized/jointly sponsored/supported by) KOKUYO Group
・To analyze purchasing histories, browsing histories, behavior histories, and other information acquired for the purpose of developing and advertising new products, services, and so on
・To respond to inquiries, requests for materials and other demands, etc.
2. Personal information relating to shareholders
- To exercise/perform duty of rights based on Companies Act
- To send and communicate annual reports and other distributed materials
- To perform shareholder management such as producing shareholder data by means of prescribed standards based on various laws and ordinances
- To accomplish business relating to creation/submission of payment reports
3. Personal information relating to employment applicants
- To perform employee screening and nominee management
4. Personal information relating to participants/members, etc. of organizations with which our company is affiliated
- To perform management of cooperative work and related communication, consultation, consideration, provision of information and giving/receiving distributed materials, etc.
5. Personal information relating to residents in areas neighboring our company’s facilities
- To make contact in case of emergency and other necessary situations
6. Personal information relating to subjects in footage taken by security cameras installed within our company’s facilities
- To prevent crime and maintain safety within facilities
7. Personal information relating to retired persons, etc.
- To pay retirement pensions, etc.
- To make necessary communication regarding reunion activities such as get-togethers for old employees
- To make necessary communication for memorials of the deceased
- Provision of information regarding company situation
Regarding use outside of the above-mentioned purposes of use
- In case personal information is used outside of the above-mentioned purposes of use, consent shall be obtained from the individual. (This excludes cases approved by laws and ordinances, etc.)
Regarding shared use of personal information (only applicable to companies subject to shared use)
- The personal information retained by the company is subject to shared use as outlined below.
Regarding shared use by KOKUYO Group
- In cases where users provide personal information (such as name and contact information) through membership registration and so on, such information may be used to identify individuals. Users can adjust their browser settings to disable or delete cookies. However, if cookies are disabled or deleted, it may not be possible to use certain functions. Inquire with the developer of your browser for information on how to configure browser settings.
Use of Google Analytics
- The KOKUYO Group website uses Google Analytics, an browsing analysis service provided by Google.
- Website browsing information generated through the use of Google Analytics cookies is stored on Google servers.
- The data collected from Google Analytics cookies is automatically deleted from Google servers after a certain period of time.
Regarding procedure complying with disclosure of personal information, etc.
KOKUYO Group deals with requests from the individual or a representative thereof for disclosure/change/suspension of use/deletion of retained personal information, as well as suspension of provision of retained personal information to third parties, as outlined below.
1. "Where to send demands for disclosure, etc."
- Demands for disclosure, etc. should be made by mailing with enclosure of the prescribed handling charge and postage stamps of the correct value for postage costs, after attaching to the prescribed application form the documents necessary for ID confirmation.
Application for Disclosure of Retained Personal Data [PDF 97KB]
Application for Revision of Retained Personal Data [PDF 106KB]
Documents for ID confirmation
- Copy of official document such as driver’s license or passport, etc. 1 item
Moreover, in case the person making the “demand for disclosure, etc.” is a legal representative or an agent whom the individual has entrusted, please enclose the following documents in addition to the documents described in the preceding paragraph.
In case of legal representative
- Legal Representative Declaration 1 copy [PDF 66KB]
- Document confirming legal authority to act as agent 1 copy
(Also accepted: official copy of family register, or, in case of person exercising parental authority, copy of insurance card on which one’s dependents are entered)
- Document confirm role as legal representative of minor or guardian of adult 1 copy
(Cope of official document such as legal representative’s driver’s license or passport, etc.)
In case of entrusted agent
- Power of Attorney 1 copy [PDF 66KB]
- Individual’s certificate of official registration of seal 1 copy
Please see important points on application form for further details.
2. Handling charge and collection method for "demand for disclosure, etc."
A handling charge of 1,000 yen is required for each disclosure demand.(Please enclose the same amount of postage stamps to the application documents.)
In case the handling charge was insufficient or was not enclosed, you will be notified of this, but in case there is no payment forthcoming within the specified period, the application for disclosure shall be deemed null and void. Please see important points on application form for further details.
3. Method of response to "demand for disclosure, etc."
In response to a demand for disclosure of retained personal data, etc., we will, in accordance with the wishes of the person making the demand, provide a written response to the requesting party’s address specified in the application form or attach an electronic record to an email sent to the email address specified in the application form (if disclosure using the latter method is problematic, we will provide notice to that effect and respond using the former method).In the case of a demand for correction, etc. of retained personal data, we will provide a written response to the requesting party’s address specified in the application form.
4. "Purpose of use" of personal information obtained in relation to demand for disclosure, etc.
Personal information obtained in relation to a demand for disclosure, etc. shall be handled only within the necessary scope of the demand for disclosure, etc.
5. Regarding reasons for non-disclosure of "retained personal data"
In the cases established below, non-disclosure shall be applied. In case a decision of non-disclosure has been made, notification of this will be given together with an explanation. Also note that the prescribed handling charge will be taken even in case of non-disclosure.
- In case it is not possible to make ID confirmation because of differences between the address stated in the application form and the address stated in the documents confirming the qualification of a representative.
- In case the authority of representation cannot be confirmed when an application is made by a representative.
- In case something was missing in the prescribed written application.
- In the case of a demand for disclosure of retained personal data where the subject matter of the demand for disclosure does not constitute retained personal data.
- In case there is concern regarding potential damage to the life, body, assets or other rights and interests of the individual or of a third party
- In case there is concern regarding potential significant obstruction to the company’s suitable performance of its business.
- In other cases established in laws and ordinances, and in case of potential violation of laws and ordinances.
6. Where to send applications
Customer Relations Office, KOKUYO Co., Ltd.
6-1-1 Oimazatominami, Higashinari-ku, Osaka-shi 537-8686
Last updated APR 1, 2022
KOKUYO Co., Ltd.
6-1-1 Oimazatominami, Higashinari-ku, Osaka-shi 537-8686
Representative Director of the Board,President and CEO